Tuesday, March 3, 2009

28 by 28: 3 Month Review

So, it's been 3 months since I started this list. I'm so glad that I did. I'm proud to say that I have made some progress. When I have a little bit of free time, I usually check in and look at the list, see where I'm making progress and where I need to get started. Just having a visual reminder and knowing that those closest to me have seen this list are motivation enough for me to tackle just one more thing. Here's the update on what I've been able to accomplish over the last two months.
1&2. I'm still ticking away hours and assignments towards my degree and my licensure exam. In a week, I will be done with the quarter and have one more quarter left until graduation. However, beyond the hours, I'm really enjoying the work that I do with my clients. I do it for free (and the degree). I get up early every morning and fight traffic not knowing whether I'm going to have a breakthrough with a client, get cursed out by one, or both. For the most part, I don't complain and I rarely think about not going or needing a break from them. They challenge me, keep me on my toes, and keep me wondering what I can do differently and better tomorrow. Now if I could only find a way to get paid for what I'd do for free.
3&4. See the last post - update on that one coming soon. I'm struggling with the workout regimen. My schedule is crazy. My new plan is to go in the mornings before my internship. I'll keep you all posted.
9. I cut my hair! It looks about the same in the front but the back is pretty short. The straight pieces are still there. I'm still debating how long to keep them. I think I could rock a pretty fly cut with the new growth. I'm waiting until spring or summer to color it. boogie will be my inspiration.
10. I'm going to France! to visit Kismet. I should arrive there two weeks from today. I'm going to try my best to learn a little French. I'm so bad with languages.
11. I completed two sessions of bellydancing and intro to salsa classes. I'm signing up for this month too. I went to Salsa Sundays and realized I have a lot more to learn.
12. I was definitely slacking on the new dishes but this vegan thing has me back in the kitchen. I made my first batch of cookies from scratch and they were vegan. They tasted a lot like my favorite box of cookies from Gran Lux Cafe, even if they were a little darker (molasses). I'm excited to cook my own food and make my own juice (bought a juicer). We'll see if I make it to 28 though. Might have to adjust that number.
14. I went to a play in January and February. I have to do better at planning though. For February, I realized it was the end of the month and the last weekend of the play. I needed to go so I ended up going by myself. It was great and I really wish my friends had been able to go with me. I'll try to do better but I did what I was supposed to do. Can't be too worried about other folks.
That's enough for now. Partly, because I'm tired and partly because I just haven't done much else. Until next time...

1 comment:

T said...

YAY, we're going to France to visit too in the first week of May. I'm SO excited.