Friday, October 17, 2008

Welcome

Have you heard that quote that goes something like this - "It is better to be quiet and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt?" One would think I lived by that quote, upon first meeting me. Many people that I now call my friend have stories about the type of person that they thought I was before they got to know me. People have remarked on how privileged they feel to be my friend because they thought I hated them. Others have labeled me as quiet, shy, stuck-up and, my favorite, uptight. Some have placed me on well-deserved but, unasked-for, pedestals while others have engaged in one-sided competition with me. While I thought I was being low-key, observing my surroundings and trying not to be overbearing, as I find most people, my silence was creating a much juicier story of which I was often unaware. Of course, this was not always the case. There were times when this strategy worked too well and I became completely invisible to people. None of these reactions are ideal. So, I am taking steps to let people know who I am and what I feel. Of course, everyone will have their own perspectives, opinions, and stories but, this time, they'll have some input from the source.

So, Welcome...

Welcome to one source of information about me and my thoughts, hopes, dreams, fears, opinions and feelings. I hope that you will take them for what they are - MY _________ of the moment. I also hope that you will engage in dialogue with me on my journey of self-discovery and expression. I welcome your thoughts, comments and constructive criticisms. You might think I'm a fool, at times, but I can no longer live with the sound of silence.

Let's see where this takes us...

No comments: