Tuesday, November 25, 2008

So much to be THANKFUL for!

It is rare for me to actually sit down and reflect upon the things for which I am thankful. I asked my clients to do this today so it is only right that I do so. This past year or so has brought some hard times but also many blessing. Here are some that come to mind.

I am thankful for...
  • a space all my own to share my thoughts and feelings.
  • a shared space to fellowship with some of the most brilliant women I know.
  • time and space to reflect on friendships and relationships.
  • friends like my bff and the bad black girls who are supportive, honest, and real.
  • the ability to workout, move TVs and climb my three flights of stairs.
  • renewed faith in the political process.
  • finally having a President that I voted for.
  • a scholarship and an assistantship that have allowed me to focus on my internship and insulated me (kinda) from the financial crisis.
  • lower gas prices.
  • reflections of myself that I see in others.
  • improvement in my ability to say no.
  • my personal commitment to improve my emotional and physical health and to build better relationships.
  • warranties for electronics.
  • my home with all the necessities and a few luxuries.
  • my car.
  • my family.
  • my grandmother.
  • little cousins that want to be like me and a legacy I am proud to pass on to them.
  • insight and growth.
  • the understanding, patience and support of those around me.
Also, I think it is important to look toward the future. Even though my clients didn't get to this part, there are a few things that I hope I will be able to say I am thankful for this time next year such as...
  • completing my Master's degree.
  • having a job that I enjoy.
  • having repaired those friendships and relationships that I have stepped away from.
  • stronger and healthier relationships.
  • a sustained commitment to personal improvement.
  • a clearer vision for my life.
  • spiritual growth.
  • having made a difference in the lives of my clients.
  • passing my licensure exam.
  • family, friends, and loved ones.
These are just a few of the things that I am thankful for and that I hope to accomplish in the next year. So, what are you thankful for this holiday season?

1 comment:

Kismet Nuñez said...

Oh. I like the second part. I haven't done that yet.

For next year, things I hope to be thankful for:

1. Being on some kind of fellowship, since I've been grinding my butt off the last two weeks to get these applications out.
2. Finished with the research for my dissertation.
3. Family and friends that are safe, happy and sane.
4. A healthy relationship with spirit.

That is all I can think of right now.