Friday, January 9, 2009

Keeping the Momentum Going

Last night, I started belly dancing and salsa classes. They were perfect. The belly dancing class was small enough for me not feel too awkward messing up turns and isolations. The salsa class was small and had just the right number of rhythmless men to disguise my lack of coordination. I'm excited to go back and I might even check out salsa night at few clubs to practice in between. Lé Empress, next time we go salsa dancing, I will dance.

The next thing on my list that I'm going to tackle is my weight. I've decided to go ahead and post my weight weekly.* (Thanks Spiderlgs for letting me know that it's not that hard or that bad.) Just posting weekly won't help me lose a pound, so I've decided to create a weekly workout goal and schedule. My goal is to workout 4 times per week. The schedule part is tricky. I'll figure it out and post it here. I'm trying to figure out how to motivate myself to go to the gym even when I don't have 2 hours to spend there and how to do my workout videos at home without stopping after 5 minutes. I'll try later this afternoon. This morning, my average weight was 159lbs. I am officially back at my pre-holiday weight. Now I just have to keep taking the pounds off. My goal weight is 140lbs. However, I will reevaluate this as I get closer to it.

Also, I really want to take a trip. Preferrably some place warm, so visiting Canada is not a goal that I'm willing to tackle right now (unless someone knows of a quaint little inexpensive, yet beautiful, town that isn't as cold as Chicago). I'm thinking of traveling alone and giving myself 3 days of R&R. Any ideas? Has anyone traveled alone before?

*The weekly weigh in can be found below my profile.

No comments: