Saturday, January 24, 2009

Losing Momentum...

I started this post last Saturday. If I remember correctly, I was in some kind of mood last Saturday - not feeling like going to gym or to my book club meeting and loving the way my couch felt. I hadn't worked out at all the week prior except maybe a failed attempt to do an exercise video at home and my dance classes.

This week, I have mixed emotions. I'm feeling good. I made it to the gym today and yesterday and worked up a sweat in my dance classes last night. However, when I woke up this morning I was 2 pounds heavier than I was last week. There are a number of reasons for the weight gain - bloating, water weight, and my indulgence in all of the chocolate, cheese, and dulce de leche Hӓagen-Daz that I wanted. I'm a little sad about the 2 pounds but not discouraged. I have a plan for the week and I'm steadily ticking things off the list. I went to a play for the month on Sunday, went to happy hour with some friends last Friday, and caught up with a good friend last night. So while I haven't lost any weight, I am no longer losing momentum...

No comments: